Brinley Boo, Casen Buddy, and Marlee Jane!

Brinley Boo, Casen Buddy, and Marlee Jane!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Arizona trip!! Sunday-Wednesday

Ryan got selected to be part of a Consulting group for Whartton and went to Australia to meet with the company they were consulting for. Because of class in San Fran prior to going and the 24 hr travel time, he was gone for 11 days. It happen to be the same week of Brinley's spring break, so I decided to take the kids to AZ for the week.  Allegiant has cheap flights that fly into the airport less than 10 minutes from my parents house, so we decided to fly.

The trip started off great! Dayna was so sweet and dropped the kids and I off at the airport. The curb side check, checked my carry-on bag for free and saved me having to carry it throwout the air port. Yay! The kids did great, and security went as well as it could have when with a stroller, carseat, diaper bag, computer w/ case, and 3 kids! I was feeling pretty good as we got off the tram and found a little play area... we had about 30 minutes before boarding so I let the kids run around for about 20 minutes and then we headed to get pretzel dogs before boarding.



Happy to get to run around!



Can't take a picture of one with out taking one of the other! :)



 Sweet Marlee, she was so good! Watching the kids and not even trying to escape her carseat!



After playing and grabbing pretzel dogs we headed over to the gate right when we should have been boarding.  My heart sank when I saw the flight was delayed an hour! Ugh. But I tried to relax and find good seats to wait in. I was getting nervous cause I knew Marlee would be getting tired. About an hour later when it was about time to board again, there came an announcement saying that the flight had been delayed another 2.5 hours!!! I couldn't hardly believe it. I just sat on the floor and cried! Haha, funny now, NOT so funny then :)

We toured the shops, got dinner at CPK, took a bathroom break, and climbed on statues. The kids made friends with some other kids that were waiting and I was grateful they had a little entertainment. After surviving the next 2.5 hours we headed back to the gate "just in time to board" again.... only to find out that the aircraft that was supposed to come had issues while in the air and had turned around to fly back to Phoenix. I just couldn't believe it! It was already my kids bedtime and we had been in the airport over 5 hours already! Allegiant wouldn't give us an updated take off time since they didn't know when it would be, and I felt like I would be stuck there all night! I called Ryan and he bought us new tickets on Southwest. We got back on the tram and headed back to security. They wouldn't let us get on the Tram to take us to our next gate cause it was in a different section and since Ryan had just bought our tickets online we didn't have boarding passes for that area. We had to go back down to ticketing and then back up to security and threw the security again! We finally made it to the SW flight. I was so happy when we actually took off at 8:30!




Finally on the SouthWest flight! We couldn't all fit in one row because of Marlee's carseat, so the kids sat in the row next to us with this "lucky" guy. He was waiting around with us at the Allegiant flight and then switched over to SW just like we did. He was really nice to the kids while we were waiting to board and they were pretty excited to get to sit by him.


We landed in Phx about 9:45 and made it to my parents car by 10:15. We had to fly to downtown Phx since SW doesn't fly to the Mesa airport... but our LUGGAGE was still sent to the other airport. Turns out that the other flight let just 30 minutes later, so by the time we drove across town it had landed in Mesa so we headed straight there to get my luggage. I have no clue what happened but it took 45 minutes just to get our luggage! Needless to say an extra $300 later and after 10 hours of traveling we finally made it home!


Threw it all the only tears shed were mine! The kids were incredible. Don't get me wrong they were kids and it was very difficult. But they did so good considering the situation and I am so very grateful! I may just make the 6 hour drive next time! I was very happy to get home!




I had to grab a shot of my Dad holding my Moms hand while we were driving. I am so grateful to have parents who love eachother and set such a great example of how a marriage should be.



Casen and my Dad on the lawn mower, Casen joined him any chance he got.
 



Brinley and my Mom built this HUGE linkin log cabin... it only lasted a few minutes before Marlee got to it. 



Marlee loved playing with my Dad!



 Marlee attacking linkin log cabin #2!


Marlee has started having fun coloring, she likes to be just like her big sister. Here she is at my Mom's old school desk.



Casen loved getting to ride this long board, probably went up and down the driveway 100 times!




 Dad with his camera... so grateful for all the pictures he took while I was growing up and that he continues to take for our families! He has given me my love for photos!!



 Madeline painted Brinley's fingernails  :)




Casen helping Uncle Andrei, he had fun watching him work on different projects!



Dad started taking Casen on an ATV ride and Marlee wanted to join the fun. She LOVED it and wanted to hitch a ride every chance she got!




The kids had a great time swinging with Grandpa! Most the time he was pushing them, but I had to grab a picture when he decided to hop on his own swing!



Marlee wanted in on the fun!



My dear friend Amber came over with her boys and brought us Crackers and Co. Cafe for lunch... it's my favorite! She is so sweet! It was fun chatting while the kids played. Oakley was brave enough to go upside down in this swing with Brinley. Brinley loves going around and around in it!



Marlee loves her Uncle Brian!




 Monday night we went over to the Shaws for a family potluck. It was fun to see so many cousins! I was so busy entertaining Marlee that this was the only shot I got... Brinley and Casen with 2 of their 2nd cousins once removed :)




 Marlee had a blast playing in the pool at the YMCA, first swimming of the season!



 Casen buddy loving the pool!



The kids and I went to Savers and Goodwill and bought over $20 worth of silk ties. We tried making "tie" died eggs. Here everyone is ready to open the eggs!






 Marlee crawled over to the stairs and plopped herself down on the bottom step, she looked too cute sitting there like a big girl. I just had to grab a pic :)



Marlee flying high with Uncle Brian



Attacking Grandpa!



 I know this is not the most flattering picture of Marlee of myself, but she had so much fun kicking the ball with me help. Casen LOVED doing the same thing at this age :)


 Sweet Marlee girl wanted to swing all on her own :)



 I think my Dad might have a crush on Marlee :) I can't say I blame him! He took her out to watch the ducks playing in the irrigation.



 Jessica was able to be part of 3 baptisms over the Easter weekend! What an incredible way to spend Easter, watching people make covenants with their Heavenly Father and follow Christ's example by being baptized. What a great weekend for her. She is on the far right. I am so proud of the great missionary she is and her dedication in serving the Lord for 1.5 years while on her mission for the LDS church!




 Marlee girl enjoying her pizza... later to be dipped in the irrigation :)



Poor Casen started running a 103 degree fever Wednesday afternoon. Poor guys fell asleep on the floor. 




I know it might seem grown to play in irrigation water, but I did it all the time growing up and the kids sure had fun! :)



Sarah Marie and I with 3 kids each! So crazy! I feel like we were just in her backyard making up dances to Paula Abdul music and watching Save the Last Dance! :)  Where has the time gone??

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! So many fun stories and pictures. I love the picture of Mom and Dad holding hands. We are pretty lucky to have such wonderful examples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome, I never would have survived that plane experience!! Well done Becca, glad you made it and looks like you had a great time! It was so nice to see you guys last weekend!

    ReplyDelete